2020 Nomination Form - Jakes Gerwel Fellowship
Do you know a Grade 12 pupil who has the potential to be an expert teacher or future education leader? Help us find these unusual and gifted individuals who want to play a strong role in developing our country and see the classroom as a powerful channel to do so. These individuals must be an ambassador of the Jakes Gerwel Fellowship's intended profile. In other words, they must demonstrate a Learning Obsession, Passionate Perseverance, Entrepreneurial Energy, Courageous Collaboration and a Spirit of Significance.
- Belief in the classroom as a vehicle for social change
- Intention to study an Undergraduate Degree at UCT or UP followed by a PGCE
- Minimum of a 65% average for final Grade 11 results (excluding Life Orientation)
- Applicants must be under the age of 23 at the application deadline (20th July 2020)
- South African ID number
- Demographic diversity is a founding principle
Please nominate up to five individuals. If you have any further questions, please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), on 010 900 1244 or on WA 083 589 2933.
Find out more on www.jgfellowship.org